When your child has a troublesome cough, it’s a distressing time for them and a worrying time for you. Benylin Children’ Dry Cough Syrup has been specifically formulated to soother and effectively relieves your children’s cough quickly. Benylin Children’s dry cough syrup has a pleasant raspberry flavour, and is both sugar free and colour free. A child-resistant cap is included for your family’s safety.
Benefits & Features
- Raspberry Flavour
- Sugar Free
- Colour Free
- Soothes & Relieves your children cough quickly
Dosage: Do not exceed the stated dose.
For oral use:
- Children 6 years and over: Two 5ml spoonful’s 3 or 4 times a day. Maximum daily dose: 40ml. Use only when simple measures have failed to provide adequate relief.
- Do not use for more than 5 day without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Not more than 4 doses should be given in any 24 hours.
- Consult a pharmacist or doctor before use in children aged 6 to 12 years.
- Advice for older children and adults:
- As with all similar medicines, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist.
Not recommended for children under 6 years.
Diabetics: This product contains approximately 1.8g sorbitol in each 5ml. It is unlikely to affect your diabetic control.
- Each 5ml of cough syrup contains:
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 7 mg, Levomenthol 0.55mg.
- Other ingredients include: Sorbitol (E420).
- This product contains 5 vol% ethanol.
The sugar substitute in this product will not cause dental decay.
Ask your pharmacist for advice
- May cause drowsiness.
- If affected, do not drive or operate machinery, avoid alcoholic drink.
- This product may potentiate the effects of alcohol and other central nervous system depressants.
- Do not take this product for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema, or if the cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm, unless directed by a doctor.
- Do not take with any other cough and cold medicine
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Keep bottle tightly closed.
- Do not use if bottle seal is broken when purchased.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
See leaflet for further information.