Galfer Iron Supplement 305mg Hard Capsules is used to help replace low levels of iron in the blood. Ideal for anyone who needs treated for Iron deficiency. Each capsule contains 305mg of ferrous fumarate.
Directions for use:
Take this medicine by mouth.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
- To prevent iron deficiency take one capsule a day. To treat iron deficiency take one capsule twice a day.
- Take this medicine before meals on an empty stomach if possible.
- If Galfer Capsules upsets your stomach, take it with or after food.
- Some food such as tea, eggs and milk may reduce the amount of iron absorbed by the body. Check with the doctor or pharmacist about which foods to avoid.
- Galfer Capsules may make your stools darker than usual. This is a normal effect of medicines containing iron.
- If your symptoms have not started to improve after 28 days, you should ask your doctor for advice.
- Treatment should not normally carry on for more than 3 months after the iron deficiency has been corrected. Your doctor will advise you when to stop.