What Do Imodium Plus Tablets Do?
The tablets are used to treat short-lived attacks of diarrhoea when it occurs with stomach cramps, bloating and wind.
The tablets contain two active ingredients:
- Loperamide hydrochloride, which helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel. This helps the body to absorb more water and salts from the bowel.
- Simeticone, which breaks up the gas bubbles in the bowel that causes cramps and bloating.
Swallow the correct number of tablets whole with a drink of water.
Adults over 18 years:
- Take 2 tablets initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Young adults aged 12 to 18 years: Take 1 tablet initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Not more than 4 tablets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days. If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48hours, consult your doctor.
What do Imodium Plus tablets contain?
The active substances are: loperamide hydrochloride (2 mg per tablet) and simeticone (measured as 125 mg dimeticone per tablet).
The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, acesulfame potassium, artificial vanilla flavour (includes propylene glycol, maltodextrin and benzyl alcohol), sodium starch glycolate type A and stearic acid.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Not to be used for children under 12 years.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Always read the leaflet before using this product.