NUROFEN FOR CHILDREN STRAWBERRY 3 MONTHS TO 12 YEARS is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children from 3 months. To be taken by the mouth.
- reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
- relieves symptoms of cold and flu
For the relief of mild to moderate pain such as:
- sore throats
- minor aches
Nurofen for Children is colour free and sugar free and provides a dosing syringe.
Children aged 3 months and weighing over 5kg to 12 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For oral and short term use only.
Shake the bottle well before use.
Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately (see leaflet for details).
NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 3 MONTHS of age or weighing less than 5kg!!
FEVER CAUSED BY IMMUNISATION:
- Babies and Children 3 months and over. Weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose, if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6 hours later
Do not give more than 2 doses in a 24 hour period. If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
FEVER, PAIN AND SYMPTOMS OF COLD AND FLU:
- 3-6 months weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose 3 times in a day. Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen; consult your doctor.
- 6-12 months: One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hours
- 1-3 years: One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 4-6 years: One 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 7-9 years: One 10ml (5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 10-12 years: One 15ml (5ml + 5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
Doses should be given every 6 to 8 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. Do not take more than the recommended does in 24 hours. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days or worsen, consult your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this medicine:
DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR BABY OR CHILD:
- is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- have a fructose intolerance.
SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT IF BABY OR CHILD:
- has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated, or has chicken pox.
Medical advice is required before taking this medicine in case of the following conditions:
- trying to get pregnant
- being elderly
- being a smoker