Optibac Probiotics 'For Your Baby' Drops (30 servings) can be given directly to babies via an easy-to-use dropper – no fuss, no mess! Alternatively, it can be given on a spoon, or you can add it to breastmilk and other food and drinks.
Who is it for?
Especially for babies (both breastfed and formula fed) from birth and beyond.
Good to know:
- Each serving contains 1 billion friendly bacteria and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Contains the extensively researched live cultures strain Bifidobacterium breve M-16V® which has been trialled in thousands of newborns, babies and young children.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut.
- Easy to use dropper gives the choice to give directly into baby’s mouth or mix into cold milk or food.
- Refrigerate if using dropper directly into the mouth – otherwise no refrigeration necessary when stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C.
- Suitable for babies and toddlers on a vegetarian, vegan, dairy free or gluten free diet.
- Suitable from birth onwards.
- Recommended for daily use.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
Instructions for use
Food supplement suitable for newborns (from birth onwards), babies and young children with the following recommendations:
Mix by shaking well before use - separation is natural.
Discard original lid.
Give 0.3 ml as indicated on dropper (8 drops) in any of the following ways:
- Directly into the mouth*
- On a spoon
- In a bottle of formula milk or expressed breast milk
- On a clean finger (one drop at a time)
- On the nipple (a drop or two at a time)
- For older children, mix the drops into cool food or drinks
* Refrigerate if using dropper directly into the mouth. No refrigeration necessary when stored in a cool dry place below 25°C.
For best results use daily. Once opened, use within 30 days. Do not wash the dropper. Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If babies and children are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. OptiBac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Medium chain triglyceride oil (plant source)
Live cultures: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V®
Emulsifier: mono and diglycerides of fatty acids (plant source).
Net volume: 10 ml
Check bottom of pack for Best Before Date.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, dairy free and gluten free diets.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For your baby' does not require refrigeration unless using dropper directly into the mouth. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU (very premature babies), have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.